[lbo-talk] Green dropouts

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Mar 30 13:33:26 PST 2004

Man, you guys are a bunch of whiners. If criticism from the likes of me drove you out of the game - and I completely supported what you did in NH, so I don't know how this even applies to me - then how you going to take on the real power in this country? It took the Swedish social democrats something like 40 years from their founding before they won a significant electoral victory. And in their early days, they worked with established liberal parties to push their agenda - for decades. And Gonzalez got 47% of the vote, despite being massively outspent. That's something to build on, not abandon. In Sweden, 2/3 of the adult male population couldn't even vote in the early 20th century, yet they persisted.

This reaction pushes me very close to being convinced the Green Party (or Parties) is (or are) just not serious.

Doug