[lbo-talk] The Last Crumb, well, Crumbles

Brad Mayer Bradley.Mayer at Sun.COM
Thu May 20 07:59:05 PDT 2004

Another installment in the Tale of the Latter-Day Alcibiades:

May 20, 2004

*** CounterPunch Exclusive *** The Truth About Ahmed Chalabi Why the US Turned Against Their Former Golden Boy -- He was Preparing a Coup! What He Did as a Catspaw for Tehran: How He Nearly Bankrupted Jordan; the Billions He Stands to Make Out of the New Iraq By ANDREW COCKBURN

http://www.counterpunch.org/chalabi05202004.html

When I first saw reports of the raid on Chalabi, I wondered if this wasn't a move increase Chalabi's popularity among the Iraqi masses (See, I too suffer at the hands of the occupiers), but apparently not.