[lbo-talk] Call on the Ohio Democratic and Green Parties to Demanda Recount!

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Nov 8 20:36:55 PST 2004

Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:

>If John Kerry demands and gets a recount, wins Ohio, and takes the
>electoral college majority, the next POTUS will be weaker than if
>Bush won both the popular vote and the electoral college fair and
>square.

Whew, good to see the old Yoshie hasn't completely disappeared behind this new campaign!

Of course, they're wusses & won't do anything to challenge the legitimacy of the system. I was just reading a quote from Louis Hartz in Lieven's new book - America won't pay its critics the compliment of an argument. For Kerry & the Dems to call the election into question would be to step outside the realm of acceptable argument.

Doug