[lbo-talk] Chimp Pulls Another Buckingham Palace

Brad Mayer gaikokugo at fusionbb.net
Sun Nov 21 19:31:25 PST 2004

This time titled, "El Mono del Moneda" But first: Sure you know this already: Kerry to Give Dems Leftover Campaign Cash Thu Nov 18, 5:43 PM ET By RON FOURNIER, AP Political Writer

Now tell me they weren't trying to throw the election. All the conspiracy buffs need to drop the silliness about the election being "stolen" again (it wasn't, although I'm sure there are 'anomalies', as there are in any election), and turn their attentions on the perfidious Democrats for taking them all for a ride...

Meanwhile, though unhappy about all the depressed leftists, I'm glad in a certain way that Bush got reelected. Looks like he pulled another "Buckingham Palace", in Chile this time. Could anyone imagine Kerry bringing (a richly deserved) discredit and ridicule upon the United States in the way that only the Imperial Chimp can? (and Fallujah would have happened anyway, you know that):

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- What was supposed to have been an elaborate state dinner with 200 people Sunday was downgraded to an official working dinner, reportedly because Chilean President Ricardo Lagos balked at Secret Service demands for guests to walk through metal detectors. [Oh, the indignity!] The guest list for the working dinner was pared down to the leaders, their wives and top aides.

On Saturday night, Bush waded into a scuffle that erupted when Chilean authorities blocked the president's Secret Service agents from accompanying him into a dinner. As tempers flared and a shoving match ensued, Bush pushed into the commotion, grabbed his lead agent, Nick Trotta, and pulled him inside.

The incident, **shown repeatedly on television worldwide**[yuk,yuk], was an unlikely [huh? It's quite likely with the Chimp on board] episode in an otherwise staid gathering of 21 Pacific Rim leaders at the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation summit. In a moment of levity, the leaders posed in colorful, hand-woven ponchos - following the summit tradition of wearing native garb of the host country. [I first saw this item out on Yahoo replete with a photo of the Chimp monkeying around in the poncho alongside Le Putin [gender incorrect], who looked every bit the part of the organ grinder - but the original article went poof in an hour, and I had to fish it up out of Google, and then way down on the search results list - talk about burying a story fast!]

White House press secretary Scott McClellan, referring to the Saturday night scuffle, said, "The president is someone who tends to delegate but every now and then he's a hands-on kind of guy." [Haw, Haw, yeah, we know what you mean, wink, wink]

Bush, arriving at La Moneda palace, greeted Lagos with self-deprecating humor: "Ricardo, aqui esta el gringo." Translation: "Ricardo, the gringo's here."

Should be, "Ricardo, aqui esta el mono". Ah, who else could comport themselves with such punk arrogance?

http://www.japantoday.com/e/?content=news&cat=8&id=319687

-Brad Mayer