[lbo-talk] Homos > Gangs > End of Civilization

joanna bujes jbujes at covad.net
Sun Oct 3 22:56:10 PDT 2004

Nothing stops telemarketers???? I can believe that. After all, they're in India. What is really sad is that they make them pretend they've got names like Frank, Sally, and Joe. Someone with a lovely, clipped, melodious English says "Hello, this is Joe" rather than "Hello, this is Sandeep." Too bad.

Coffee: in Romania, this is how we made coffee when away from kitchens.

--Get a metal tripod ring (circle at the top + three legs about six inches tall), a large (2 inch diameter) ball of cotton soaked in alcohool. --Light the cotton and center beneath the metal ring. --Put the pan of water on the circle thingie above -- the burning cotton is underneath. By the time the cotton has finished burning, you have boiled your water and made your coffee.

We make turkish coffee: mix t 2 coffee (ground to a flour-like fineness) and 2 t sugar and 1 c water. Boil. Let settle. Drink.

I'm sure it will work in a hurricane. Seems easier than charcoal to me.

Joanna