[lbo-talk] Avoiding Bad Taste

Michael Dawson MDawson at pdx.edu
Fri Oct 8 16:16:44 PDT 2004

OK, you're just willfully ignorant and refuse to accept evidence. The memo says Allende's program would work, if it were given half a chance. What the hell do you think Allende was proposing to do for ordinary Chileans? If Nixon and Kissinger didn't fear that outcome, why would they mention it as a problem? If they knew Allende would wreck people's lives, why not help him out or just ignore him?

Meanwhile, why do you hate Chomsky? It can't be because you simply think he's wrong, since you obvious don't care about evidence.

-----Original Message----- From: lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org [mailto:lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org] On Behalf Of Luke Weiger Sent: Friday, October 08, 2004 2:58 PM To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Avoiding Bad Taste

I never claimed that Nixon et al. were worried about the welfare of Chileans. I just claimed they _weren't_ worried that Allende's government would make them better off.

-- Luke

----- Original Message ----- From: "Michael Dawson" <MDawson at pdx.edu> To: <lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org> Sent: Friday, October 08, 2004 6:55 PM Subject: RE: [lbo-talk] Avoiding Bad Taste