[lbo-talk] Al-Qaeda agents in Russia's Caucasus: FSB chief

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 10 02:14:56 PDT 2004

> Because a lot of them have despaired of any serious
> political
> transformation at home, and so live out their
> revolutionary fantasies
> by identifying with the violent struggles of
> secessionists. It's a
> more "radical" version of Hollywood liberals'
> identification with the
> Dalai Lama.
>
> Doug

I wonder how long they would actually survive in a place like Chechnya or Iraq. Probably annoy some mujahid gangster by bleating nonsense ("don't you realize? Your efforts to build an Islamic state and kill all the infidels are part of the revolutionary movement of the world working class!") to the point where he decides to forgo the ransom and just lop off the head.

===== Nu, zayats, pogodi!