[lbo-talk] Re: Hard-drive search tool

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at rawbw.com
Thu Oct 14 13:47:00 PDT 2004

``Funny you should mention this as I installed the applet on my lone Win32 box not three hours ago...'' .d.

Speaking of hard drives, guess what I just did?

I just typed `rm -R *' thinking I was in the ~/cgrimes/.netscape/cache directory---cleaning out web garbage.

I was in my ~/cgrimes directory, just above it.

So after watching the disk drive light flashing just a bit too long, I hit ctl-C to halt. Looking at my home directory I was staggered to find three directories left out of about six or seven. The deleted directories included writing projects, oral transcripts, resumes, portfolios---all the usual critical stuff. I have almost all of this backed up on paper. But...

I realize this is imbecilic to ask, but is there any recovery available?

CG