[lbo-talk] JDK runs on FreeBSD!!!

Jon Johanning jjohanning at igc.org
Fri Oct 22 15:48:34 PDT 2004

On Oct 22, 2004, at 5:12 PM, ravi wrote:

> follow the links i enclosed... i was not recommending unix, but
> mozilla,
> the open source web browser. at least as far as i can tell, and my
> mother concurs, mozilla is more user-friendly than IE. and as for mac
> users, anyone who can figure out how to use a single-button mouse along
> with esoteric mac key combinations, should find this learning
> experience
> a lot easier ;-).

I'm not particularly interested in Mozilla -- Safari is working OK for me right now. It's Open Office I'd like to get running. I got a CD which was supposed to set it all up for OS X, but I can't get the danged thing to launch without learning Unix, it seems.

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org __________________________________ A sympathetic Scot summed it all up very neatly in the remark, 'You should make a point of trying every experience once, excepting incest and folk-dancing.' -- Sir Arnold Bax