[lbo-talk] JDK runs on FreeBSD!!!

joanna bujes jbujes at covad.net
Sat Oct 23 09:50:15 PDT 2004

ravi wrote:

>also, don't knock the command line -- when the sexiness of the apple eye
>candy wears off, you will start valuing efficiency again!!

I don't mind the command line. The only problem is that it leads grown men to wipe out their directories. You think you're in directory X when you're in directory Y -- You say thrash them all! The OS says, are you sure?, you say, sure I'm sure. And that's that.

I've never heard of that happening with a GUI -- there seems to be this level of visual reality check...

Joanna