[lbo-talk] who the FRICK came up with this crap

Jeffrey Fisher jeff.jfisher at gmail.com
Sat Oct 23 19:31:51 PDT 2004

it's only worth anything if you can write it off (i.e., count it as a loss against profit, which is to say, that it's your own business and not someone else's). now if you can combine that with other home expense deductions or whatever to surpass the standard deduction, then you're in business.

um, right?

but the thing i've never understood is why it would ever be worth it for a normal person to bother itemizing deductions? does anyone have numbers on how many people could deduct more than the standard deduction? and how many could deduct enough to make it worth itemizing (which would have to be a substantially more than the standard, imo)?