[lbo-talk] JDK runs on FreeBSD!!!

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Mon Oct 25 19:00:42 PDT 2004

Someone spoke in opposition to shopping politics (or something like that), and someone else replied that the software at issue was free, so no shopping was involved.

I neither shop NOR consume (free or unfree) for political reasons except in the case of organized boycotts. My consumption as well as shopping is based on personal convenience alone.

Politics, for me, is coextensive with organizing collective action. Private shopping or consumption decisions have nothing to do with oganizing collective action, hence no political principle is involved.

Carrol