[lbo-talk] Bush as sex fantasy

Mike Ballard swillsqueal at yahoo.com.au
Thu Sep 2 14:36:23 PDT 2004

On Aug 29, 2004, at 11:10 AM, Carl Remick wrote:

> Freud's dying words (so the story goes) were "What
do women want?" and > I understand his consternation. Why women find the simian GWB > attractive at all is a mystery to me, but I must admit that even my > Bush-o-phobic wife remarked on GWB's great physical shape on seeing > him doing ranch work in F911.

First principle for understanding fantasies: they're *fantasies*! Surprise, surprise! Therefore, they are generally the *opposite* of what our conscious minds are preoccupied with, what we consciously *think* we want.

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org

And a lot of sexual fantasies are part of the psychology of lordship and bondage power rituals which

are the leitmotif of class society. Remember Monica on her knees. Would these fantasies be taking place about these men if they didn't appear to possess power, a power which could somehow be shared by an obediant supplicant?

Best, Mike B)

_________

===== It is the simple thing that is difficult to do, being-for-oneself, whose ways must be won by fighting, whose excellence demands bravery.

Ernst Bloch, "Dialectic and Hope" http://profiles.yahoo.com/swillsqueal