[lbo-talk] Queer Theory, was Re: Sex, Kink and Ick

joanna bujes jbujes at covad.net
Sat Sep 25 11:36:59 PDT 2004

Charles Brown wrote:

CB: Yea, that's the song Bob Dylan should have written.

I would not feel so all afraid.

Everybody must get laid.

-------------------- Oh, for sure! When I was 22 and knew everything, I was certain that if everyone had good work and good sex, 99% of the world's problems would be solved.

I still mostly think this, but I'm too embarrassed to cop to it these days.

I'm kind of like the woman Kelley described in a previous post -- am attracted to men, am sometimes attracted to women, and don't feel I have to put a label on myself to account for either. I mean, when you think about it, the label is nothing more than a justificatory tautology. I like women because I'm a lesbian. I like men because I'm heterosexual. I like both because I'm bisexual. That gets us no further in understanding anything, it just stops discussion and creates division and conflict between lesbians/heteros/bi's.

What I was saying was that "queers" seems like one more label, one more foundation for division. One more us vs. them.

Joanna