[lbo-talk] more AD

tully tully at bellsouth.net
Wed Apr 13 19:46:59 PDT 2005

On Wednesday 13 April 2005 07:15 pm, snitsnat wrote:
>puzzles me that your son would find that. I can't think of anyone,
> Cat, who admires her, takes up research inspired by reading her,
> or, heck, who has even read her. Dworkin was always anathema.

Many young people, like those into Goth, are exploring and trying to understand the "dark side" of life.

I don't think we can reject Dworkin, as too much of what she said is true. Imagine her life, being molested at a young age, a beaten wife, turning to prostitution. She saw the dark underbelly first hand and while it may have sent her way off center, it does not mean she was completely wrong.

This is a good example of how both sides can be right. The full truth requires both sides, the dark and the light. How can we deny that the shadow side exists in all of us?

--tully