[lbo-talk] Obscure question on Indian movie stars gone flabby

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 14 08:23:17 PDT 2005

Ulhas, Ravi, etc.,

I have a question for you guys -- there was/is a cult movie from India in the USSR/ex-USSR called Disco Dancer, starring Mitkhun Chakraborti and Khema Malini (I'm sure the spelling's wrong -- I'm backtransliterating from Cyrillic). Anyway there is an article in one of the main Moscow papers today informing its no-doubt-horrified readership that not only is their beloved Disco Dancer completely forgotten in India, but that Chakraborti has gotten enormously fat. Please tell me this isn't true. :)

It also says that Malini is a member of the government.

Thanks!

Nu, zayats, pogodi!