[lbo-talk]Peak oil and Why can't you guys learn to quote andattribute properly?

joanna bujes jbujes at covad.net
Thu Apr 14 10:44:57 PDT 2005

tully wrote:

>the prices of everything must climb. Nothing can avoid being affected as we are so
>completely dependent on fossil fuel with our current infrastructure.
>>From the fuel in the farmer's combine and the chemicals used to farm,
>to the raw material or recycled material production, manufacturing,
>distribution, shipping, store and work outlets, all depend on fossil
>fuel to function. Each link in the chain has the effect of rising
>fuel price multipying its factors as the product chain makes its way
>thru these processes out to the consumer. One of the last links in
>that chain is shipping, and I think it is currently the weakest link
>and potentially the most dangerous if it fails.

Well, actually, organic framing does not depend on oil. Of course, getting the produce to the city does. But, relative to non-organic produce, the price of organic produce would fall.

That would be one good consequence. The price of alternative energy would also fall (relatively); that would be another good consequence.

Joanna.