[lbo-talk] AP: "Ted Nugent to Fellow NRAers: Get Hardcore"

snitsnat snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com
Sun Apr 17 13:11:59 PDT 2005

At 03:57 PM 4/17/2005, John Adams wrote:
>Nugent avoided the draft during the Vietnam War. In an interview for the
>July 15, 1990 Detroit Free Press Magazine, Nugent detailed how he avoided
>the draft:
>
> "He claims that 30 days before his draft board physical, he stopped
> all forms of personal hygiene. The last 10 days, he ingested nothing but
> Vienna sausages and Pepsi; and a week before his physical, he stopped
> using bathrooms altogether, virtually living inside pants caked with his
> own excrement, stained by his urine. That spectacle won Nugent a
> deferment, he says. '... but if I would have gone over there, I'd have
> been killed, or I'd have killed, or I'd killed all the hippies in the
> foxholes...I would have killed everybody.'"
>
>I pick door A!

So, he was a rightwingnut chicken hawk from wayback, huh? Wow. I always wonder how people get up in the morning and look at themselves in the mirror.

"An asshole is more like a vacuum-at-the-centre, a black hole, where everything is sucked into a destructive vortex."

--Ken Mackendrick, BAD Subjects List