[lbo-talk] My Last Contact With Red Squares

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 19 19:57:18 PDT 2005

>From: Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com>
>
>John Adams wrote:
>
>>"What is a 'Robert Hall sweater', anyway?"
>
>Robert Hall was a clothing chain during the Golden Age. I was too young to
>comprehend the subtleties of the retail hierarchy, but I think the stuff
>was pretty cheap.

Jingles are the neural equivalent of space junk, in intracranial orbit forever. I can still recall the Robert Hall jingle of a half century ago that boasted of RH as a wonderland where "the values go up-up-up and the prices go down-down-down." I guess the burden of that philanthropy proved too much for RH since it seems to have gone out of business long ago.

Carl