[lbo-talk] Twockers Terrorize Cheese Eating Surrender Monkeys atHigher Rates than Yanquis! Extree! Extree!

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Fri Apr 22 07:45:29 PDT 2005

Chriss:
> Not necessarily husbands killing woves, but men
> killing women, for sure. It almost always involves
> alcohol. A couple up the street from my place were
> having a drunken (I guess) quarrel recently and the
> fucker held her by her ankles off the balcony eight
> goddamn stories in the air. No point in calling the
> cops -- pointless, they won't do anything. (I wasn't
> there at the time -- this is what neighbors say.)

Very true. Domestic violence is not considered a crime in Eastern Europe. The cops will not "interfere in the domestic affairs" and those women who call cops on their violent husbands will be ostracized as "ungrateful treacherous bitches." In that respect, Eastern Europe is still in the stone age, eons behind the US.

Here is a funny story about a Polish immigrant couple that I happen to know. They were visited by the husband's brother who lived in Poland had some business offer in which the couple was supposed to provide the funds while the brother supplied the ideas. The husband was a wuss, incapable of saying no to save his life, so when the things started getting too far, the wife interrupted the business planning by saying "perhaps you should ask me because this also my money." To which the brother replied "shut up, woman; do not you see that I am talking business with my brother?" In reply the wife asked him to leave, and the brother laughed in her face saying "And what if I do not?" "I will call the cops" replied the wife. That made the brother laugh even more and say "They won't be bothered with domestic affairs."

The wife realized that further conversation was pointless and dialed 911. Twenty or minutes later two officers showed up, roughed up the brother a bit and realizing that he had a visitor visa told him that they would deport him if he sets his foot in this house again.

The most funny part of the story was the brother's reaction - he was shocked and speechless and could not believe that it was actually happening. In Poland, and other EE countries, the cops would probably help him teach the woman a lesson.

BTW, cases like that make me think that there is no such a thing as wanton police brutality - the assholes who get roughed up usually well deserve it.

Wojtek