[lbo-talk] health care reform = revolution?

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Fri Aug 5 09:31:13 PDT 2005

> if we stick to my original post, all I was saying was that
> the amount he had to pay after his insurance kicked in
> exceeded what I had to pay to be insured for the full year.

I didn't respond to that. I responded to your later post. Evidently you and Gary? both didn't read it! So I guess I have to quote it again:

http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/lbo/Week-of-Mon-20050801/016702.html

>> My dad pays about $1400 a year in premiums in British Columbia
>> to insure himself and his wife and they make over the median
>> average income.

And again, no, sorry, he does not pay $1400 per year to insure the two of them. Because in the US we do not have socialized medicine and the amount you pay for insurance is generally the whole amount, it makes no sense to compare this premium payment to the amount that Tommy paid for his neck MRI (BTW, hope that's going okay for you, Tommy).

I deleted the rest of your post and won't bother responding to it because a) it's all been hashed over before and b) you've ascribed ideology to me based on my simple statement (you Canadians must be very touchy about this stuff!) that simply isn't part of what I think and believe.

> All we are saying is give socialized health insurance a chance.

Ok, let's move on.

/jordan