[lbo-talk] health care reform = revolution?

mike larkin mike_larkin2001 at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 6 09:58:18 PDT 2005

--- Michael Pugliese <michael.098762001 at gmail.com> wrote:

> So how come single payer initiative got
> slaughtered in Oregon,
> 80-20% a few yrs. ago. Single payer has gone down in
> flames in
> California several times.

I think a lot of people recognize that at the state level, single payer is problematic, since recessions would force huge cuts in services, and its unlikely state tax levels would be high enough to sustain the systems. Single payer would only work in the U.S. as a federal system; although, because of the huge federal deficits, it could never be enacted in our lifetimes.

____________________________________________________ Start your day with Yahoo! - make it your home page http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs