[lbo-talk] Vegetarianism

snitsnat snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com
Mon Aug 29 14:10:44 PDT 2005

OK. What I still don't understand is this:

1. Justin (or whoever) can only eat meat if they kill it themselves or eat free-range birds and the like.

why? I eat meat all the time and it's not venison or free-range chicken. Clearly, I can eat meat.

:) But, what you mean Ravi is that I shouldn't eat meat if I want to be a
lefty, right? Or, do you mean, if I want you to like me and approve of me, I shouldn't eat meat? I'm not being facetious. I'm serious?

What fate will befall me, other than your disapproval and the label, "not a lefty," if I eat meat from Publix?

2. Why is it a lefty concern? Specifically, why are animal rights an intrinsically lefty concern? If that's what you're arguing.

Thank you for being patient. I know it's trying and I know it's a little disconcerting to be on the hot seat, defending views that you feel others don't support.

Kelley