[lbo-talk] moussaka recipie???

snitsnat snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com
Mon Aug 29 21:23:49 PDT 2005

At 10:03 PM 8/29/2005, joanna wrote:
>Any one out there -- lurker or regular -- have a good moussaka recipie?
>
>Something you can vouch for? Something from a grandmother?
>
>I've been having this craving....
>
>Joanna

Seeing as how I live in a Greek fishing village, I suspect it would be quite easy to find such a recipeep! (as my grandma used to say). I wish I knew our landlords better, she could certainly help. I'll have sonshine e-mail his dad who used to make moussaka people raved over at the annual Greek Fest when he worked weekends catering. (Can't stand the stuff, myself. But, I'll take baklavah any day! I live with a man who can pass up baklava. I don't understand how anyone can pass that up?!)

In the meantime, recipes galore, here.

http://www.reeza.com/c00kb00k/index.cfm

Everything from Mountain Dew cake to a recipe for "how to drink scotch".

Feel free to submit more if you have some. R spent hours on that site, compiling recipes that list members (a bunch of hackers/geeks/techs) sent to a list to which they subscribed. If you techy types can contribute any, that'd be great!

I got a chuckle out of the unusual way he classified things. He used to love to watch cooking shows -- and would get a bee in his bonnet to make some gourmet meal which, in a barracks can be quite interesting since you get to use things like blow torches, bunsen burners, etc. to cook with. (I mean, you aren't supposed to use them, but that's what he'd use. :)

He makes an absolutely delish basil tomato sauce and fabulous omelettes. All my years in home and restaurant kitchens, I can't make an omelette like he does to save my life.

Anyway, enjoy. More moussaka tomorrow!

"Finish your beer. There are sober kids in India."

-- rwmartin