[lbo-talk] Re: The Chomsky vs. Dershowitz debate: both sides were awful!

joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Sun Dec 4 22:31:40 PST 2005

I support a unitary secular state. I think this becomes much more realistic when the economic and military support for Israel by the U.S. comes to an end. I think the uprooted and oppressed Palestinians deserve full citizenship in a Palestine that includes both former Israelis and Palestinians. They also deserve reparations on the scale that the Jews received following WWII. Those reparations to be paid by the U.S. and Israel. That's what I support.

The reality of a Middle Eastern peace will not happen so long as the Zionist, blood-based state of Israel continues. (Oh, and in case we need to establish credentials, I am the daughter of a Jew who was in a labor camp, lost his entire (and considerable) family fortune to the nazis, and I have relatives who live in Israel.)

Joanna