[lbo-talk] Evolutionary theory is tautological

boddi satva lbo.boddi at gmail.com
Sat Dec 24 10:43:56 PST 2005

Well, remember that the Big Bang theory requires that concept of a singularity, a moment of universal uncertainty. The pre-eminence of uncertainty and skepticism I think is truly an innovation of the Enlightenment.

But scientists don't hold true to their own religion. A lot of people suggest that String Theory is an attempt to re-impose order. I personally think the next big innovations in physics and cosmology will be come from the probabilistic, quantum side and that the closer we get to a Theory of Everything, the more that theory will look like Quantum Mechanics.

boddi