[lbo-talk] I want to be a traitor too!

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Sun Feb 6 11:20:15 PST 2005

Dear Bob Newman,

In your recent rant about Ward Churchill ("Ward Churchill: Treason In The Teepee", http://www.mensnewsdaily.com/archive/m-n/newman/2005/newman020605.htm) you call Professor Ward Churchill a traitor and suggest several times that he be hanged. While I'm sure that many of your racist American readers will cheer you on, I was wondering what I could do to be labeled publicly as a traitor in one of your columns? I'm a white anarchist guy living in Kansas. Not only do I support Ward Churchill's right to say whatever he wants, I agree with most of what Ward Churchill says in his many books. I think that Professor Churchill was correct when he didn't mince words about the "little Eichmanns" who were working in the World Trade Center on September 11, 2001.

What's more I also run an anarchist website called Infoshop.org which reaches around 150,000 visitors each month. We've been providing news and information to people who hate the U.S. government for over ten years. I'm also guilty of selling Ward Churchill books in two anarchist bookstores that I've helped open. To top that off, I'm helping organize teenagers in high school around the country. I think that all of this qualifies me to be called a "traitor" in one of your future columns.

I stand with Ward Churchill against racist bullies such as yourself. I hope this makes you very angry.

Chuck Munson Infoshop.org