[lbo-talk] Marc Cooper's flipping out over Churchill

philion at stolaf.edu philion at stolaf.edu
Mon Feb 7 13:09:04 PST 2005

Nathan writes: Hate breeds hate. It's all bullshit and reflects the moral blindness of those who justify themselves on that basis.

--ya see, this is where I get confused. When a Marc Cooper or Todd Gitlin attack the left for its not caring about Iraqis, 'hating America' etc., they offer as an alternative a left that supported no-fly zones, inspections galore, sanctions, and mass troop movements to the mideast to threaten Iraq...Now, I dunno, is it hating america not agreeing with them that that is desirable, let alone sustainable with a social democratic desire to increase public spending on health care, education, transportation, and now occupy Iraq etc. I mean, how can we possible afford this kind of left that 'loves' America?