[lbo-talk] South & North

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Wed Feb 9 12:14:11 PST 2005

> organizations/community structures which would benefit. How about
starting by
> funding schools that African American children go to, for example. The
goal is

I think we should do that regardless of the past, let alone understanding or misunderstanding of the reparations issue. "Social investment" or "investment in human potential" (c.f. the marketing slogan used by Micro$oft) are much better justifications for funding schools and other institutions serving disadvantaged citizens that any possible claim of past wrongdoing.

Not to mention the fact that the only people that would actually benefit even if the reparations claim ever succeeded would be lawyers and assorted moral entrepreneurs claiming to "represent" the victims (cf. Norman Finkelstein,_ The Holocaust Industry_).

>From "to everyone according to the need" to "payback for past screwups" -
how low have we stooped.

Wojtek