[lbo-talk] Churchill's complaint

Marta Russell ap888 at lafn.org
Tue Feb 15 15:52:54 PST 2005

>There are days I feel like putting a map of the US on my website with a big
>X on Crawford Texas to direct any terrorists away from New York City. No
>one in the Homeland Security department sure as hell cares about actually
>helping New York; they're defunding mass transit, one of the key vulnerable
>targets in the City and giving more money proportionately to Wyoming for
>security than to NYC.

The Gropenator here in CA is going to Washington to try to get more federal dollars to help cut the state deficit. Some legislators - I assume Dems cause that is the majority party - are going with him. They point to how little CA gets per person in Homeland Security dollars compared to Wyoming as well as how much CA pays in federal taxes to how little it gets in return. Pataki, another Repugnant governor, could haul his butt to DC too.

Marta --