[lbo-talk] Terrain of Struggle was O'Reilly vs Churchill

Bill Bartlett billbartlett at dodo.com.au
Sat Feb 19 14:20:46 PST 2005

Carrol Cox misquoted Kelley:

>snit snat wrote:
>>

>> donkey dung. we don't understand provacateurs. thus, putting them in the
> > same textual space as .....n, ..g, etc. isn't about understanding

It is hard to resist the urge to analyse the motives of someone who would take the trouble to obscure the names of the people he is talking about. I can only suppose Carrol is so disturbed by what ".....n" and "..g" are saying that he wants to blot out their existence entirely.

It is a very weird attitude.

>One of my criteria is that I will not debate with anyone who ascribes
>motives to others in the debate.

Why not? Oops I forgot, it is unacceptable to explore the reasons for things. I've fallen foul of your debating rules again by asking the question.

Bill Bartlett Bracknell Tas