[lbo-talk] UFPJ Leadership Funks Out

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Feb 24 15:46:55 PST 2005

Carrol Cox wrote:

>The following paragraphs from a curren Counterpunch article are the most
>depressing news that I have read since 9/11. What they indicate is that
>the Anti-War Movement has been dissolved in practice by its ostensible
>leadership. I never dreamt that the ABBs could sink so low. I was
>enraged by their desertion of their responsiblities during the electoral
>campaign, but I assumed that they would wake up after the election. It
>seems that their desertion is final.

So lemme see if I have it right - the fact that the American population hasn't signed on with the antiwar movement is the fault of the leaders of the antiwar movement, and not the predilictions of the American population. And popular regard for the military and the church doesn't really count for much, becuase noting that is just caterwauling.

I thought there was nothing "we" could could do to increase "our" numbers, since it's all about History making plans behind our backs.

Your politics are, to use one of your favorite words, "incoherent."

Doug