[lbo-talk] Does Al Qaeda Exist?

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Mon Jan 17 11:20:07 PST 2005

Chris wrote:

>No, I support universally approved invasions of nationas who are
>attempting successfully to destabilize their neighbors.

Have you taken a look at the Pentagon's covert actions, casing potential targets, in Iran in the Seymour Hersh article that Doug posted here?

<http://www.newyorker.com/fact/content/?050124fa_fact></blockquote>

Neo-cons have clearly gone bonkers.

In 1967, Martin Luther King, Jr. said that the United States is "the greatest purveyor of violence in the world today," and what he said remains true. We might also call it the greatest purveyor of destabilization.

Even aside from wars, covert actions, and the like, the United States' yawning current account deficit is a great potential source of instability and financial terror in the world. And no one can fix that by invading this or any other country. -- Yoshie

* Critical Montages: <http://montages.blogspot.com/> * Greens for Nader: <http://greensfornader.net/> * Bring Them Home Now! <http://www.bringthemhomenow.org/> * OSU-GESO: <http://www.osu-geso.org/> * Calendars of Events in Columbus: <http://sif.org.ohio-state.edu/calendar.html>, <http://www.freepress.org/calendar.php>, & <http://www.cpanews.org/> * Student International Forum: <http://sif.org.ohio-state.edu/> * Committee for Justice in Palestine: <http://www.osudivest.org/> * Al-Awda-Ohio: <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Al-Awda-Ohio> * Solidarity: <http://www.solidarity-us.org/>