[lbo-talk] LBO poll update

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 17 14:42:43 PST 2005

OK, if we are doing an income poll, who do we do it?

Btw, some of us who are paid absurd amounts of money don't have particularly cushy jobs. As a mid-level associate at a large law firm, I make a lot of money, but I work brutal hours, and the general circumstances are not what I would descibe as "cushy." Job security is questionable. Work is gringing and endless. I was here working to 8 pm on New Years eve. Thanksgiving vacaition I got a call to get hopping on a case that needed attention RIGHT THEN. (Managened to dodge that one.) I am not am not asking for sympathy. Thsi isd what I bargained for. It's better than plucking chickens. But the "cushy" has certain implications one does not associate with life in a large law firm. Also with being a junior professor, which I also used to be. It's better than a lot of jobs. But it is pretty sucky nonetheless.