[lbo-talk] PTECH, 9/11, and USA-SAUDI TERROR

Jon Johanning zenner41 at mac.com
Wed Jan 26 15:14:48 PST 2005

On Jan 26, 2005, at 5:12 PM, Joseph Wanzala wrote:

> the ability of states, especially militarist states, to harness
> scientific brainpower has never been shown to be correlated to the
> wisdom of their political or strategic choices. The Third Reich, after
> all, had some of the world's best brains at its disposal.

The brains that hadn't been driven out, anyway. (BTW, what is the rate of brains being driven out of the U.S. by Bush's follies? Not as great as for the Third Reich, certainly, but it's early innings yet.

I don't think these Bush folks are harnessing much scientific brainpower, anyway; they have open contempt for science, and everything they say or do seems uniformly stupid.

At any rate, I don't see any evidence that this gang that can't shoot straight is capable of organizing anything nearly as complex as a "9/11 conspiracy" would have been.

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org __________________________ "...So long as the people do not care to exercise their freedom, those who wish to tyrannize will do so; for tyrants are active and ardent, and will devote themselves in the name of any number of gods, religious and otherwise, to put shackles upon sleeping men." -- Voltaire