[lbo-talk] cushy life/strict equality

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Wed Jan 26 17:15:31 PST 2005

> Now on the resentment scale, I'd say the in-work-yet-not-working
> folks weigh in much more heavily than those who simply aren't there.

I think they are about the same: neither really has an impact on what I do or how I do it (and if they do, well watch out!). As far as I'm concerned, it's cool with me if you can't/won't work. Formalizing the idea won't make it any worse than it already is; it couldn't possibly.

And frankly, it's probably cheaper that way.

(Isn't that mostly what happens in places that have staggering natural resources to export and no incentive [or capability!] to do anything but count money?)

/jordan