[lbo-talk] Fred Halliday on the Three Dustbin

philion at stolaf.edu philion at stolaf.edu
Sun Jan 30 15:13:45 PST 2005

Michale Pugliese sent along Fred Haliday's thoughts on the protest movement against corporate led globalization "a complacent attitude, innocent when not indulgent, towards political violence (witness the cult of Che Guevara, a cruel and dangerous man, and the invitees from Northern Ireland, Palestine and Iran, to name but three at the London Social Summit in October)."

They invited the Irish and Palestinians??? For shame!! I'll never believe another criticism of globalization by bunkeristas like Walden Bello again as long as I live!! Steve