[lbo-talk] the "junior note-taker"

Leigh Meyers leighcmeyers at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 18:54:59 PDT 2005

On Friday, July 01, 2005 2:08 PM [PDT], Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:

>> On a visit to Washington in the prelude to the Iraq war, some senior
>> British officials formed the strong and correct impression that the
>> Bush administration was bent upon an intervention. Their junior
>> note-taker committed the literary and political solecism of saying
>> that intelligence findings and "facts" were being "fixed" around
>> this policy.
>
> Wasn't that "junior note-taker" the head of MI6?
>
> Doug

Unh huh.

Prop-agenda is soooo cute.

To quote myself from an earlier post: ====== <...> "Another Democrat, Joseph R. Biden Jr. of Delaware, worried about how the Muslim world viewed Guantanamo, noting, "We have to deal with the 1.2 billion Muslims in the world. And guess what, General? We're doing real badly. We're doing real badly on that part of the war. Matter of fact, it's a disaster." <...>

You've got to hand it to the Washington Times. Joe Biden, ranking member of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee and the Judiciary Subcommittee on Crime has been reduced in stature to: "Another Democrat,".

"Sen. Lindsey Graham, South Carolina Republican, endorsed the idea of using some type of stress to induce captured terrorists to talk."

Compare: Graham... Sen. Lindsey Graham ...Endorses.

Biden... Another Democrat, Joseph R. Biden Jr. ...Worries. =====

Very very subtle.

Leigh http://www.leighm.net