[lbo-talk] sordid and legal to boot.....

snitsnat snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com
Sun Jul 17 07:05:02 PDT 2005

At 05:54 AM 7/17/2005, Chris Doss wrote:
>This maybe isn't passive-aggressive, but it's
>certainly aggressive! ;)

yes. there's no confusion, is there? when someone claims to respect me, then treats me with none, they get it dished right back. when a person who claims to be a friend, writes _about_ me in the third person, as if he's speaking to everyone on the list but me, it is, likewise, an aggressive debate tactic:

'look everyone, Joe Schmoe says this. Must be Joe Schmoe is afraid of biology. OF course, on Joe Schmoe's view....."

Is this an attempt to have a conversation _with_ Joe Schmoe? It's having a conversation with the rest of the list _ABOUT_ Joe Schmoe. This is not conducive to constructive discussion. Nor is it helpful to engage in logical fallacies -- erecting straw men, misrepresenting the other's position.

Now, in the context of some public debate forum, where you actually _do_ turn to an audience and address them, where the point is to be scored and win and convince an audience, maybe it's acceptable. Here? No. I realize Miles does it as well. I've complained before, to both Miles and Justin. If Miles were to do it to me, he'd get flamed too.

But, if you wish, I will blame it on overwork and lack of sleep. When pressed, I'll explain that I've always lived on too little sleep and been overworked. @@

hummingsesamestreetunesily,

Kelley

"Finish your beer. There are sober kids in India."

-- rwmartin