[lbo-talk] A time of doubt for atheists

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 24 19:39:23 PDT 2005

Carrol Cox asked:

"Who coined the subject line of this thread? And what was the point of the subject line as first used? How would the person who coined it and the persons who supported him/her have felt about a subject lines such as 'Time of doubt for devotees of spirituality'?"

I coined it. Or, more properly, The Los Angeles Times did, as it was the title of a piece that appeared in the LA Times, which I posted to the list. When I post articles to the list from the media, I'll usually use the title of the article in question as the subject line.

It was an article about atheist organizations and their concern over religiosity in politics. I have no idea how people would feel about a subject line that said anything else.

-B.