[lbo-talk] RE: An Appeal to Ignorance

joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Tue Jun 14 08:33:08 PDT 2005

Andy F wrote:

>>Is this what you meant by religious tendencies in
>>science? I could see that.

Yes.

>> I had some trouble
>>getting past the "physicists are arrogant" remark a
>>while back. That's a cliche too, but a tiresome one.

I said that?

>>And the whole notion of trauma turning people away
>>from religion: Please just stop with that. Just stop.
>> Not even the ex-Catholics among us have all been
>>smacked by nuns. I was happily hanging out with the
>>parish youth group long after I decided the whole
>>guy-in-the-sky and all its variations made no sense to
>>me.

You're taking trauma to be a bigger word than I intended. I once went to a born again baptist service that was so awful/ugly that I swore off entering a church in the U.S. ever again.

>>Once a woman (semi-practising Jewish) suggested that
>>my atheism was a form of rebellion against a father
>>figure. Unfortunately it was only later that it
>>occured to me that she was confusing me with a
>>Satanist.

I suspect most believers would describe my position as atheist too.

Joanna -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20050614/796d589a/attachment.htm>