[lbo-talk] Straw in the wind: Republican base dividing on Iraq

Leigh Meyers leighcmeyers at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 18 08:44:11 PDT 2005

On Saturday, June 18, 2005 7:32 AM [PDT], Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:

> Yeah, I'd noticed that and was trying to figure out what in meant.
> It's not just that the antiwar "movement" hasn't been a factor, it's
> virtually disappeared even as public opinion was turning in its
> favor. Why?
>
> Doug

The antiwar movement hasn't disappeared. What gave you that idea? It's just chugging along without any help from the left. Not that anyone really expected any help from the "left".

The local Armed Forces Day parade was organized by the Not This Time! Veterans org, and just yesterday the WILPF was out on a the streets harrassing traffic (They're stealing my shtick, but that's OK).

Oh, yeah, right...

"Mass Movements"....

Maybe when the workers rise up and take back the means of production.

Keep waiting.

"’We're watching you very carefully and we're going to do everything in our power to have you impeached for misleading the American people,"... "Beating a political stake in your black heart will be the fulfillment of my life ... ,"

--Cindy Sheehan - Vacaville, Calif. Grieving Mother of 24 year old killed in Iraq.

Leigh http://www.leighm.net

-- Zero Surprises: No virus found in this outgoing message // lcm Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.323 / Virus Database: 267.7.8/22 - Release Date: 6/17/2005