[lbo-talk] Straw in the wind: Republican base dividing on Iraq

Michael Pugliese michael.098762001 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 09:22:47 PDT 2005

WILPF not Left? Almost every WILPF'er I've ever spoken to was CPUSA or ex-CPUSA.

A google hit on Not This Time Vets, http://social.redstate.org/story/2005/5/17/20304/0281

lf respect to the people."

Mayor Mike Rotkin, who recently proclaimed a day in honor of a former Army reservist who went AWOL to avoid combat in Iraq, said he will attend Saturday's parade. "This group has done a very good job in making it clear that they don't want this to be a political event," Rotkin said. "Honoring the men and women in Iraq and Afghanistan ... is something I have always supported and will continue to support. I don't support our country's foreign policy and I don't see any contradiction about that at all."

Actually, Mr. Mayor, honoring an AWOL reservist with a city proclamation strikes me as little TOO political for a unit of local government, albeit one fully suffused with a grandiose - some might say delusional - sense of purpose. But anyway, I'm glad to see that Santa Cruz, the second runner-up Leftist Moonbat Capital of Northern California (behind San Francisco and Arcata), is hosting the event. Let's hope everyone who shows up understands this is about honoring the men and women who serve; it is not a debate on Iraq or U.S. foreign policy

-- Michael Pugliese