[lbo-talk] Marketing the Chronicles of Narnia

John Lacny jlacny at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 10 14:13:24 PST 2005

Max Sawicky:

> Anybody read these? I was thinking of
> making them a present to my little one,
> who is a voracious reader.

Max, I'd recommend procuring a copy of the Player's Handbook and the Dungeon Master's Guide (I have heard that the 3rd Edition -- released in recent years -- has streamlined things fairly well), and letting the child make up his/her own stories, minus Lewis' insipid Anglican pop-theological allegories.

I freely admit my bias in the matter, since a junior-high English teacher of fundamentalist leanings assigned these awful things. Tolkien is definitely preferable to C.S. Lewis, and I've already let you know what I think of him!