[lbo-talk] RE: leftwing hate

Celi Ben cpthron at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 17 11:54:31 PST 2005

>Their conversation would make you think there would be lots of
>counterprotesters, but there are always about two dozen in some big cities,
>who are mostly protest warriors, so even though they call the liberals
>losers for spending Saturday morning, the keyboarders likely are in a rest
>home somewhere.
This is why I roll my eyes when my comrades complain about the New McCarthyism. If the most rabid of the right wingers can only turn out a dozen people for a counter-protest, then there is plenty of room for dissent in this country.

I don't understand why my father is conservative either, since he leans libertarian on many issues. I think that conservatism for average guys like my father is mostly about hating the Clintons and the Democrats. And my father hated George Bush, Sr.!

Chuck --------------------------- That's it. He really started to hate Clinton and became a Nader supporter before suddenly becoming right about two years after he retired, and then the Horowitz newsletter is slowly replacing all previous awareness. When I watch their 5pm news, I believe that can contribute to it. When you go out every day, particularly when you have a high contact rate with people (such as riding subway through New York when you are reassured that everyone is pretty much normal and similar to you as opposed to driving where you can reinforce that everyone else is a jerk who wants to cut you off), it will counteract crime-oriented news that makes it sound like everything is going to hell. On the phone, he will mention the latest murder in the region, meanwhile where I currently am in Berkeley, there have been two killings nearby and something like 2% of the cars in the city were stolen last year, but if you have a high contact rate with many people who aren't out to get you, you won't feel like society is going downhill.

_________________________________________________________________ Don’t just search. Find. Check out the new MSN Search! http://search.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200636ave/direct/01/