[lbo-talk] Shaivo finale on my part (for real)

Marta Russell ap888 at lafn.org
Thu Mar 24 17:55:52 PST 2005

> > He published my piece on the dirty deeds of Jack Kevorkian - i.e.,
>> ridding the world of cripples is a good idea to JK.
>> Marta
>
>Show me evidence Kevorkian believes euthanizing cripples against
>their will is one of his
>beliefs. I don't claim to know much about him but I'm not going to
>accept the above statement
>without proof.
>
>John Thornton

see Counterpunch, Vol. 7, #9

Kevorkian's Written Statement to the Court (August, 1990, cited in State of Michigan v. Kevorkian, Circuit Court for the county of Oakland) said "[T]he voluntary self-elimination of individual and mortally diseased or crippled lives taken collectively can only enhance the preservation of public health and welfare."

K put "enhance" in italics.

Statement is on p. 11

I'm not sure if it is on the web. I have a copy in my files. Marta --