[lbo-talk] Stop Labeling and Start Organizing!

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sat May 7 09:17:33 PDT 2005

Carrol Cox wrote:

>This is the sort of thing it is easy to say if you are merely sitting on
>the sidelines and giving a critique of the show. It doesn't help if you
>are interested in actually participating in changing the world.

I'm confused. I could swear you've said a hundred times that it's highly unlikely "we" could ever convert "them" to our cause, so "we" should concentrate on organizing "us" and forego proselytizing "them." So if I call "them" a bunch of snake-handling loons, what's the harm by your standard? It might even help in organizing "us," by rallying the troops. Please clarify.

Doug