[lbo-talk] Making beautiful stuff

snitsnat snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com
Wed May 18 08:46:25 PDT 2005

At 11:09 AM 5/18/2005, Doug Henwood wrote:
>snitsnat wrote:
>
>By the way, you're making exactly my point - I'm trying to separate the
>artifact from the pricetag. It's not me who's obsessing about the
>non-existent $3,000 cost. I'm all for rewarding the creators and not the brand.

as i read them, that's what respondents have already said to you. i don't think you're listening to them. also, just because it looks purty, it doesn't follow that it's quality.

>By the way, I happen to know that the lead shoe designer for a very famous
>brand makes $175,000 a year, less than a quarter of what Anna Wintour makes!

how much do the workers make? As the arts and crafts movement lit I just pointed at maintained, designers suck when they don't care about craftsmanship (and utility).

kelley

"We live under the Confederacy. We're a podunk bunch of swaggering pious hicks."

--Bruce Sterling