[lbo-talk] No cock left behind

boddi satva lbo.boddi at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 14:57:54 PST 2005

Comrade Joanna,

I knew I was going to get into trouble.

The answer to your question is simpler than you propose. The thing I find sexy is women. I'm not a brute. The more a woman wants/loves me, the better - that goes without saying. What we're talking about is my body and I don't, primarily, see my body as something that is desired; I see it as something that produces desire.

As a heterosexual man, I don't really understand the desiring of a male body. I try to understand it, but only in the context that it helps me make a woman happy. It's not that a woman's desiring me isn't stimulating, it's just that my experience of sexuality (and, I dare say, the majority of my sex) has been desiring a large number of women, the majority of whom I have no relationship with at all. It doesn't mean that the equitable exchange of desire is not the ideal. It's just that desire for women is a constant fact of male heterosexuality and I don't think men and women have at all equitable fantasy lives. Therefore, I don't think men expect women to think about us the way we think about them. I think sexual desire in men is literally a different physical experience than it is in women, at least outside of sex itself.

peace

boddi