[lbo-talk] We can lose, or we can just lose later

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 24 01:46:09 PST 2005

Actually the great majority of Nazi soldiers were young, terrified draftees. My grandfather was one of them. Called up in 43 when he was 17, probably still in the Hitler Youth, sent to Italy to work in artillery, captured by the Brits, spent years in POW camps, went back to Germany completely psychologically traumatized. Never talked about the war unless he got drunk, at which point he started to get violent.

--- boddi satva <lbo.boddi at gmail.com> wrote:

> It's just appalling to compare American soldiers -
> often kids from
> underprivileged circumstances and National Guardsmen
> who mainly serve
> to do terrible things like save people from floods -
> to Nazi soldiers
> who followed what here would be illegal orders to
> exterminate
> civilians. You do remember that our troops agree to
> follow the LEGAL
> orders of an ELECTED government, no? That's not just
> a little
> different from committing murder on the behalf of a
> dictator?

Nu, zayats, pogodi!